Technology is a brutal industry and what may be a trend today is no longer essential tomorrow. My experience as a business development coach has made me realize that I have the potential to guide and help women in the technology industry. I want to support women in tech and show them how to prioritize their time and their profit avenues correctly, so they can create the business and life they intend.
My association with Women in Cloud is to ensure my knowledge and experience in the field help as many women as possible. As a community, Women in Cloud will allow me to teach women in tech to have an action plan created around their wants as well as how to create/communicate boundaries and take charge of their time, energy, and focus.
The Women in Cloud Summit 2020 has given me an opportunity to share my life learning with the entire community. As a speaker, my topic will revolve around how women can identify what they want, where their time is spent, how to claim that time back as well as how to prioritize it, so they are consistently taking steps to build their business.
Finding a community of like-minded, goal-focused women sets a strong standard for business as we each develop and grow. A community like Women in Cloud not only encourages our own expansion, it establishes a strong foundation to build off of while continuously in pursuit of our own greatness.
Based on statistics gathered by Maddie Shepherd through Fundera, there are “12.3 million female owned businesses in the U.S,” making over 40% of businesses woman-owned. This statistic goes deeper than the numbers. It intrinsically shows how important it is for women to have equal opportunities within business, and by extension know how to properly prioritize their profits and time to create the lifestyles we as women deserve.
Diving into prioritizing our time effectively comes down to 5 main parts:
- Getting crystal clear on what you want
- Taming the time that you have
- Prioritizing your tasks
- Customizing to your calendar
Each of these parts has its own place within business, and when you understand how to master each one – hitting your next goal or taking the next step comes easily.
Broken down, the steps look like this:
- Write down, and put it somewhere visible, what you want to accomplish in the next 6 months.
- Create boundaries that solidify the time that you have: ex. Create office hours, turn off notifications, etc.
- Look at all the tasks on your to do list: take off ALL PERSONAL TASKS and prioritize the business ones to that will help you get to those 6 month goals step by step.
- Every day, look at the time you have and ask yourself: “How would I like to fill this time?” and assign the tasks that fit in the time you have that are aligned with what YOU want.
- Put this routine into action every single day and you will always be profitable in your business: mentally, emotionally as well as financially.
There’s nothing more valuable than having a strong, supportive group of women, who are all aiming for their own vision of greatness – especially when you can find them all in an incredible group like Women in Cloud.
If you’d like to learn more about prioritizing your profits in a way to create the money and the life you desire in your own unique way, feel free to reach out through purchase tickets today and come join us in our mission. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn or Instagram @mel_mcsherry.
To get more information visit the summit website, and don’t forget to apply the 20% discount code: JOINME@WIC
See you there!
Take action by joining our online network to get engaged today!