“Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
The Women in Cloud Digital Summit 2021 displayed Collective Power, and let the world know that we are stronger together!
The first ever Digital Summit hosted online for a worldwide audience was a huge success and we surpassed all expectations. Despite the health and social crisis of this past year, Women in Cloud as a network grew stronger and reached new heights that contributed to economic development in the tech industry. Where many held back, we accelerated forward.
The Women in Cloud Community is proud and elated to share the following Summit accomplishments.
- Over 2500+ leaders attended, representing over 19 countries, 250 female-led companies, and growing, our highest engagement ever
- 700+ volunteers organized 115 sessions for everyone to participate in, all done in 1 dynamic virtual experience
- We made over 1.5 million impressions on social media alone in just two weeks
- Over 60 youth leaders had the opportunity to join the STEM mentorship program
- Our own WiC Cohort members saw 25-500% growth in their businesses
- Over 87 companies pledging to create economic access for women in the tech industry
The success of this year’s event is a reminder that our one goal matters.
We are not just another conference of innovative ideas, we’re a transformative community of powerful voices that creates collective access to all aspiring leaders and entrepreneurs to become empowered change makers that make an inclusive economic impact.
Furthermore, the Women in Cloud Summit 2021 hosted extraordinary sessions and powertalks. Some of them are listed below for your access;
- Fireside Chat with Former Prime Minister Rt Honorable Kim Campbell & Gavriella Schuster Corporate Vice President of Microsoft
- Senator Patty Kuderer Message to women all around the world
- An empowering welcome by Gretchen O’Hara
- A sneak peek into the STEM based Youth Mentorship
- UN Goals 2030: Global Dialogue – A conversation led by global leaders focussing on women’s role in accomplishing UN Sustainable Development Goals by 2030.
Furthermore, you can access the 110 Power Talks & Live Sessions here.
Another major highlight at the Women in Cloud Digital Summit 2021 was the launch of Women in Cloud Solution Marketplace – a platform designed for companies to get access to solutions developed by women tech entrepreneurs. The platform currently hosts over 30 enterprise ready solutions.
The year 2020 disrupted and delayed normalcy as we knew it. However, despite the global health crisis and regional social crisises the world went through, we witnessed our community and the technology industry come together to focus on building a transformative, and sustainable future. While it was hard, we tried honour all the teaching the year 2020 had for us. Click here access the Women in Cloud Memorabilia called Mic On. Camera On!
At the Women in Cloud Community, we are looking forward to an exciting year ahead, with our key focus on the following areas;
- Strategic Partnerships with Fortune 1000 Companies: We will be investing in Strategic Partnerships make their supplier network diverse; and secure invitations for female tech founders to be part of the digital transformation initiatives.
- Business Development: To further focus on opportunity creation, we aspire to drive 8000 Business Development Connections through community events and activations.
- Research: Additionally, we will commission research to build strategic coalitions with cross-sector leaders to develop policies around AI Ethics and Supplier Diversity.
- WIC is hosting an International Women’s Day event on 11 and 12 March, to connect and create infinite access for each other. Book your spot!
- Seeking Cloud Jobs? Submit their candidate profile by 1 March, 2021 and get invited to meet potential recruiters.
Finally, “Collaborate. Connect. Transform Yourself. Because infinite opportunities are created when you are dedicated to serving people daily. We are a community of collective power and infinite access.”