According to statistics, of the 25 percent of women working in tech, black women accounted for only 3 percent. Another report highlights the critical barriers that black female founders face, including access to accelerators, top investors, and mentors, and funding pipelines. The median funding raised by black women included in the study is $0. But the number of black female founders has more than doubled since the 2016 study.
This annual Summit, Women in Cloud hopes to increase these numbers by offering Black technology founders inclusive on men an opportunity to meet and engage with corporate executives during the Black Founders’ Circle sessions. The Women in Cloud Digital Summit 2021 will host the Black Founders’ Circle partner session on 28 January 2021 from 3.30 PM – 5.30 PM (PST).
This two-hour virtual networking experience will provide an exclusive opportunity for participants to interact with Women in Cloud Community partners, Black Women in Tech Talk community, and Black Channel Alliance members, allowing them to expand their network and explore opportunities.
At the Black Founders’ Circle during the Digital Summit, we have some exciting news to share about Women in Cloud Microsoft Cloud Accelerator 5.0 along with other opportunities to explore with Women in Cloud, Black Channel Alliance, and Black Women in Tech.
The annual Summit hosted by the Women in Cloud themed “Collective Action” is now digital for the first time and is accessible to all bridging the traditional borders. For more information on the Women in Cloud Digital Summit 2021, and Register for the Summit, click here.
Book Your Spot today and get on board to witness the Collective Power of Women in the technology industry from around the world!
We recommend highly recommend the following Interactive Experiences for you to participate and expand your network:
- 28 January: Learn about Tech Industry at their opening plenary with Former Prime Minister of Canada, Rt Honorable Kim Campbell, and Corporate Vice President Gavriella Schuster
- 28 January: Explore Cloud Jobs at #CloudJobs Fair & Recruitment Lounge
- 28 January: Meet Black Founders
- 29 January: Master your pitch at #RockYourPitch Experience
- 29 January: Get access to mentorship from Cloud Industry leaders
- 30 January: Get your kids to participate in Youth Mentorship Circle
- 30 January: Make New Friends at Scavenger Hunt
Also, join WIC Digital Network to be part of the global economic access movement. Learn more about Women in Cloud at https://www.womenincloud.com.