“Confidence is not something you are born with. You learn it and earn it with time and practice.” – Jenna Lange
After decades in the industry as an executive communications consultant, I am acutely aware of the gender imbalance in the C-suite. In the technology industry especially, it’s hard for women to find role models and advocates to help them advance their careers. Without this network of supporters, you can feel stuck. You know you work hard, deliver results, and add value to your company, so where are the opportunities for promotion? Who’s got your back? My purpose is to help women understand the value they bring, advocate for themselves and elevate each other, seek opportunities in technology, and then have the confidence to stay in these roles.
As a proud member of the Women in Cloud community, I will be speaking at the Women in Cloud Digital Summit 2021 about new challenges women are facing at work and at home. The industry and the world have undergone a transformational shift and it’s more important than ever to lean into your gifts and talent. To be successful, organizations need women. We know that. It’s time to take charge of our narrative and spotlight our value so we can stay in the game and thrive. In this session, we will remind ourselves how we got here and that we deserve to be here.
- “I am worthy.” Learn how to set boundaries at work and beyond.
- “I will advocate for myself.” Learn how to build a strong narrative to showcase your value and ask for what you want and need.
- “I will advocate for others.” Learn how to network; gain and leverage the power of building others up to elevate women across your organization.
There is strength in collective action. This years’ Summit theme, ‘Collective Power’ aligns perfectly with my passion for lifting up other women and helping them reach their professional goals. We are better together! Carrie Francey inspired me to onboard Women in Cloud in 2019. For years, she has been an ally and an advocate, inspiring me to achieve more. It’s a pleasure to share these values with the Women in Cloud community; I’m energized by the commitment and intention of this group to support other women AND keep them engaged in the technology field.
A new California law mandates at least one woman reside on every corporate board. How close are we to requiring at least 50% female representation on these boards? In working with Women in Cloud, my goal is to help grow the number of women in leadership roles at technology companies. With this session and my continued alliance with Women in Cloud, I hope to create a long-lasting impact in the industry.
Join me at the Women in Cloud Digital Summit 2021 and let’s discover opportunities and possibilities, and advocate for women in the technology industry.
Book Your Spot today with a 15% discount, and get on board to witness the Collective Power of Women in the technology industry from around the world!
I highly recommend the following Interactive Experiences for you to participate in and expand your network:
- 28 January: Learn about Tech Industry at their opening plenary with Former Prime Minister of Canada, Rt Honorable Kim Campbell and Corporate Vice President Gavriella Schuster
- 28 January: Explore Cloud Jobs at #CloudJobs Fair & Recruitment Lounge
- 28 January: Meet Black Founders
- 29 January: Master your pitch at #RockYourPitch Experience
- 29 January: Get access to mentorship from Cloud Industry leaders
- 30 January: Get your kids to participate in Youth Mentorship Circle
- 30 January: Make New Friends at Scavenger Hunt
Also, join WIC Digital Network to be part of the global economic access movement.