I have faced unimaginable challenges as a female minority Engineer, Inventor, and Small Business Owner, but maintained the right attitude and stayed-the-course that led me to victory. I have been ignored, rejected, and pushed into the rubble of non-existence, but I maintained an exhilarating presence in the community as I continued to polish my skills and expertise, to remain relevant to the new trends of technology. My inspiration ignited during the 2020 Microsoft Inspire Conference as I attentively listened to the motivational presentation of Gavriella Schuster. I was truly inspired to learn how she faced her challenges and embraced her victories. I immediately connected with Gavriella Schuster through the online portal, after her presentation, of which she in-turn introduced me to Chaitra Vedullapalli and the Women In Cloud community. Since my membership with Women In Cloud, I have been extremely elated to be among such an elite group of women in tech.
The Women in Cloud community opened the door wide open for me to participate, collaborate, and contribute to the growth of women in the technology industry. With this opportunity, I hope to make the following achievements:
- I desire to break down the barriers that many Women in Cloud may experience with regards to rejection; non-inclusiveness; prejudging their ability to deliver robust solutions; and not receiving adequate resources to deliver exceptional products and services that would validate their value and worth. While this problem is bad among many women in tech, statistics prove that the problem is worse among female minorities in tech.
- I hope to show the Women In Cloud how they can remain valuable, even when faced with fierce opposition.
- I desire to empower and inspire our youth to embrace innovation, along with obtaining a heart and passion that is needed to maintain value and competitive advantage.
- I desire to partner with Women in Cloud to make a notable investment in the less fortunate communities that hold great value. Talented and smart women have been buried by the system due to lack of resources, opportunities, and the prejudging of their ability to deliver exceptional products and services. I hope to change the image with how many women in tech are seen and embraced as second class citizens, to being embraced as valuable, profitable, and key players to the team.
Furthermore, I would like to collaborate with Women in Cloud and push for policy advancement in the following directions;
- Representation: A policy that would yield percentages in lieu of ratios, meaning that a percentage of women are required to occupy various roles and leadership positions within organizations.
- Equal Access: A policy that would ensure that women receive the same resources as men to build their businesses and products.
- Mentorship: A policy that would encourage men and women of great power and leadership to mentor at least one woman per quarter, allowing them to sit on boards of successful companies, to learn how to operate a successful business.
I think every single person needs to be given a fair chance to explore technology. Collective Power means to unify different skills, abilities, and resources, to achieve that common goal; inclusion and economic opportunity. But how do you stay at the top of your game?
I invite you to attend my talk at the Women in Cloud Digital Summit 2021 if you can identify any of the following:
- Your contribution to the team/project was not taken seriously
- You were talked over / You were not heard
- Your suggestion/recommendation was not considered
- You were made to feel like you didn’t belong to the group or department
- A male team member took your idea and made it seem as though he conceived the idea
- You were given the menial work rather than the tech work
- You like being a woman, but you are a beast (force to be reckoned with) when it comes to tech
- How to achieve your goal(s) when surrounded by male chauvinist men
- How to be great in tech and not make the men feel inferior to you
- How to deliver an exceptional product/service as a collective team
- Haven’t experienced any of the items that are listed, but would like to sit in my session to hear what I have to say
Through this talk, I want to educate and help women navigate the roadblocks to increase their value and worth. The three key takeaways would be;
- Learn how to embrace the culture, without losing your identity
- Learn to deliver greatness, without intimidating your peers with your abilities
- Learn ways to be a team player and recognize the team for their contributions
While many women have faced horrific challenges, we are also women who will embrace great victories. This session will help you get one step closer to your victory.
“Soon after the completion of Disney World, someone said, ‘Isn’t it too bad that Walt Disney did not live to see this?’ Mike Vance, Creative Director of Disney Studios replied, ‘He did see it. That’s why it’s here’. Vision is seeing the invisible” – Johnathan Swift
Your vision will drive you. Come join me at the Women in Cloud Digital Summit 2021; bring your vision and unlock access to achieve that vision through collective power.
Book Your Spot today with a 15% discount, and get on board to witness the Collective Power of Women in the technology industry from around the world!
I highly recommend the following Interactive Experiences for you to participate in and expand your network:
- 28 January: Learn about Tech Industry at their opening plenary with Former Prime Minister of Canada, Rt Honorable Kim Campbell and Corporate Vice President Gavriella Schuster
- 28 January: Explore Cloud Jobs at #CloudJobs Fair & Recruitment Lounge
- 28 January: Meet Black Founders
- 29 January: Master your pitch at #RockYourPitch Experience
- 29 January: Get access to mentorship from Cloud Industry leaders
- 30 January: Get your kids to participate in Youth Mentorship Circle
- 30 January: Make New Friends at Scavenger Hunt
Also, join WIC Digital Network to be part of the global economic access movement.