Our world is facing many diverse challenges, including the new challenges brought up in the horizon by the Coronavirus pandemic in 2020. The most significant problems are identified in the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. All 193 member states of the United Nations identify and ratify the 17 biggest challenges making the Global Goals the largest international undertaking to address the world’s most vexing issues from ending hunger to gender equality and sustainability.
The “17 Days of Sustainability” is an inaugural program by Ideagen, highlighting one goal per day. Ideagen will showcase how the world’s leading organizations are addressing these goals; achieving the Global Goals is only possible through the education, awareness, and collaboration of individuals and organizations who strive for a better society and planet.
Women in Cloud along with Ideagen is focused on developing global partnerships and collaboration across sectors to achieve the Global Goals by 2030, particularly goals Goal 5 – Gender Equality, Goal 8 – Decent Work and Economic Growth, Goal 10 – Reduced Inequality and Goal 17 – Partnerships for the Goals.
Women in Cloud will be hosting 5 panels on the following topics with the goal of increasing awareness, celebrating and inspiring the community and corporations to take actions to create economic access and parity.
- The Power of Youth Social Entrepreneurship (addressing Goal #4)
- Youth today face considerable challenges in creating a bright future for themselves. Many of the global challenges to development are especially important for children and youth. The SDG 2030 goals established that youth are a driving force for economic development – but only if they are provided with the skills and opportunities needed to reach their potential.
- Watch the Session: Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- Kim Smith (Moderator), Global Vice President, IBM
- Harvin Park, Creative Children for Charity
- Neal Vedullapalli, Creative Children for Charity
- Mireya, Creative Children for Charity
- Advancing Women in Tech through Skilling and Mentoring (addressing Goal #5)
- Making up 48 percent of the current workforce and growing, women are prime candidates for filling the leadership pipeline and C-suite benches that will soon be left lighter by a departing generation of workers. And yet, women get less access to the people, input, and opportunities that accelerate careers. As a result, the higher you look in companies, the fewer women you see. This representation can discourage women from seeking advancement.
- Watch the Session: Thursday, October 8, 2020
- Chaitra Vedullapalli (Moderator), President & Co-Founder, Women in Cloud
- Gina Fratarcangeli, Managing Director, Midwest Sales, Accenture
- Christine Puccio, VP, Global Cloud Alliances & GTM Programs, F5
- Sarah Muckler-Visser, GTM Partner Marketing Services Director, Microsoft
- Enterprise Ready Accelerators works for Female Tech Founders: Here’s How it Works (addressing Goal #5)
- Small businesses that sell solutions to large companies can build momentum faster because enterprises provide a steadier revenue stream and bigger contracts. But selling to enterprises isn’t easy. Learn how Women In Cloud Accelerator is helping women advance their business through enterprise sales.
- Watch the Session: Thursday, October 8, 2020
- Kristen Miller (moderator), Founder & CEO, Stylyze
- Shari Burk, Founder, Vision Platform
- Rob Fiddick, Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Canada in Seattle
- Tiffanie Stanard, CEO, Stimulus
- Power of Designing AI Powered Solutions for UN Goals 2030 (addressing Goal #17)
- Women in Cloud and IdeaGen have partnered together with industry leaders and policymakers to advance the 2030 UN global goals through the identification of AI-based solutions through communities by launching #AISolutions2030 Solution Design Contest. Leveraging the UN Knowledge Repository, WiC & IdeaGen are looking to bring some of the sharpest tech and business minds together for a greater purpose.
- Watch the Session: Friday, October 9, 2020
- George Sifakis, Global Chairman and CEO, Ideagen
- Rahul Thakkar, Director – Advanced Services Development, Digital Enterprise, IT & Digital, Boeing
- Chaitra Vedullapalli, President & Co-Founder, Women in Cloud
- Role of Corporate Boards to Advance Gender Inclusion Narrative (addressing Goal #17)
- Gender Diversity at the Board Level Can Mean Innovation Success. Improving recruitment on corporate boards can boost innovation and creativity.As the economy continues to be reshaped by changing technologies, companies keep searching for ways to better integrate innovation into their strategy. No industry is immune to this need.
- Watch the Session: Friday, October 9, 2020
- Karen Fassio (Moderator), Marketing Director, Microsoft OCP
- Karen Cone, Advisory Board Director & Venture Partner, Alloy, MondoBrain, MastersFund, StockSmart
- Arnaud Mourot, Vice President, Ashoka
Starting 17 September, 2020, Ideagen with partner organizations will strive to educate nearly 30M people on the importance of achieving every Sustainable Development Goal.
We inhabit the only planet that supports life. While we are equipped with technology and knowledge that has allowed our evolution so far, it falls upon us to create a sustainable and inclusive path for the future generation to take over.
Register today and join the force to create a sustainable planet!
Announcing WiC Delegation at Ideagen’s 17 Days of Sustainability Summit: A Community of influence
Our vision is to represent the Women In Cloud community as an influential community that will focus on enabling rich conversations and interactions at Ideagen’s 17 Days of Sustainability Summit. The perks of joining the WIC Delegation are many:
1. Exclusive access to our network, programming, and special sessions at 17 Days of Sustainability Summit
2. A curated list of sessions to attend at 17 Days of Sustainability
3. A digital badge to share your association with us on social media
4. Curated social media posts for sharing
5. Invitation to our virtual happy hour
6. Early Access to special announcements
Part 1: Why Join a WiC Delegation?
The first motivator is belonging. You are not alone in a sea of attendees. You are part of the movement focused on driving global change.
The secondary motivator for many could be the more simple; opportunities & connections. WiC delegates will have access to a private network to connect with each other, exclusive access to conversations to create mutual opportunities, learn together in joined sessions, and have fun at the virtual happy hour.
The third motivator is to be a part of an ever-growing inclusive community.
Part 2: I’m in! Now what?
Still here? Great! This is the part where we give you the inside track on how to take full advantage of your role as a delegate and make real connections in the WiC community over the course of the digital summit!
Register for your complimentary ticket to Ideagen’s 17 Days of Sustainability Summit
Be active in the community, which includes visiting the private community on #WiC DigitalNetwork thread daily and getting to know the members of the WiC Delegation and community. Whether you spend your time in general chat, connect with each other, or come up with ideas to help address the UN’s global goals, getting active, and getting your name out there will go a long way.
Build a delegate contribution plan: One major way to help people get to know you and what you bring to the table is to complete the introduction page. We have an entire section of our forum specifically built for just this purpose! Let members know a little bit about you, how you learned about WiC, share your experience, and what you would do with the forged WiC Delegation as an active delegate.
Be active from September 17 to October 9 with the WIC Delegation. You will have access to curated sessions, get invited to community activation to meet each other. Even though it is online, we are committed to making it personal.
Tell your friends. The #WiCDigitalNetwork consists of 1,995 members from all over the world of different nationalities, races, creeds, colors, political and religious beliefs, and we want to keep that trend going! Anyone and everyone is welcomed with open arms into the WiC community.
Follow us on Social Media. Make sure you stay up to date on all of the latest WiC news by following us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
PART 3: Build Your Schedule
WiC Sessions at Ideagen’s 17 Days of Sustainability Summit: Signup Today
- September 22nd: Power of Youth Social Entrepreneurship
- October 8th: Advancing Women In Tech through Skilling & Mentorships
- October 8th: Enterprise Ready Accelerators Work for Female Tech Founders: Here’s How it Works
- October 9th: Power of designing AI Powered Solutions For UN Goals 2030
- October 9th: Role of Corporate Boards to advance Gender Inclusion Narrative
Ideagen’s 17 Days of Sustainability will feature over 100 Speakers, Leaders, and Luminaries, from across sectors sharing insights, perspectives and partnerships to achieve the Global Goals by 2030. Each goal will be addressed on a single day. See schedule below:
- Thursday, September 17, 2020 Goal 1: No Poverty
- Friday, September 18, 2020 Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Monday, September 21, 2020 Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020 Goal 4: Quality Education
- *Thursday, October 8, 2020 Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- Friday, September 25, 2020 Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Monday, September 28, 2020 Goal 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Wednesday, September 30, 2020 Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Friday, October 2, 2020 Goal 13: Climate Action
- Monday, October 5, 2020 Goal 14: Life Below Water
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020 Goal 15: Life on Land
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020 Goal 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
- Friday, October 9, 2020 Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
*Goal #8 will be held on October 8 to align with The Empowering Women and Girls Summit to bringing together and empower women leaders around the globe.
We look forward to seeing you and building strategic partnerships which will allow us to create a significant impact in the ecosystem and expand our networks. We hope to connect, learn, and share with you all. See you at #IdeagenGlobal!