We are excited to share that we have launched the 6.0 cohort of the WIC Microsoft Cloud Accelerator virtually on August 27, 2021. Announced ahead of the signature event #WICxUNGA, this Accelerator enables female tech founders to leverage the power of partnering with hyperscalers like Microsoft to become enterprise-ready.
Women in Cloud has successfully graduated 60+ women-led companies over 5 previous cohorts with a recent global expansion with a focus to 9 countries around the world: United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, India, Kenya, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates. The program is designed to help women tech founders win enterprise opportunities, get access to Azure credits, an advisor & investor community, participate in MS Startup program and a global stage to showcase their businesses while co-building, co-marketing and co-selling with Microsoft and their distribution channels.
The Cloud Accelerator combines training, access to industry leaders, structured training and office hours, industry events, self-learning content, and more, all via digital platforms making the Accelerator accessible to women-led business worldwide. Women in Cloud is excited to announce the following 10 companies from 4 countries as accepted in the 6.0 cohort of their award-winning Microsoft Cloud Accelerator:
Women In Cloud’s Microsoft Cloud Accelerator is designed as an immersive 6-month program to assist women-led tech companies to build stronger co-sell plans with Microsoft and their distribution channels . This program is expertly designed to help women tech entrepreneurs win enterprise opportunities, get access to Azure credits, an advisor community, and a global stage to showcase their business.
The 6.0 Cohort Immersive Kickoff session held on Friday, August 27, 2021. The first session featured curated speakers, Chaitra Vedullapalli, Co-Founder and President of WiC; Karen Fassio, Director of Microsoft WW Partner Marketing; Pradnya Desh, CEO of Advocat Technologies; Padma Subramanian, CEO of Fyrii.ai; and Patti Dobrowolski, CEO & Creative Activator of Up Your Creative Genius. The speakers consisted of founders, industry leaders and previous cohort entrepreneurs who set the tone for the new class about the current industry landscape, how to vision their cloud businesses, along with deliverables and takeaways by the end of 6 months.
This kickoff focused on helping founders develop their future vision and this experience was led by Patti Dobrowolski, 3 Times TEDx speaker and inspired the founders to design their co-sell plan.
Here is the output of what a vision of equitable equity and access looks like for women founders.
The cohort 6.0 will be a digital accelerator with built in benefits including azure credits, listing on marketplaces, participating in global UN focused campaigns, bi-weekly office hours, monthly live chats with industry leaders, and continued access to industry stages, has elevated our programming to an unmatched scale.
Going digital has let us expand our horizon and open this program to people from around the world rather than just a region. Cohort 6.0 boasts a diverse participation of companies from the United States, Canada, India and the Netherlands.
This year’s WiC Microsoft Cloud Accelerator is more than just an effort to make economic contributions to the system by empowering entrepreneurs. It is about embracing the new normal and moving forward with a sense of community. It is about adopting self-empowerment and finding comfort in knowing where to turn for support with a community at your side. Most importantly, it is about collective growth and learning.
The Cloud Accelerator combines training, access to industry leaders, structured training and office hours, industry events, self-learning content, and more, all via digital platforms making the Accelerator accessible to women-led business worldwide. Women in Cloud is excited to announce the following companies as accepted in the 6.0 cohort of their award-winning Microsoft Cloud Accelerator:
- rThreat: rThreat is a breach and attack emulation platform that challenges your cyber defenses using real world and custom threats in a secure environment. Think of rThreat as your live fire exercise for cyber attacks.
- Plan Heal: The Plan Heal Smart Health Assessment uses AI/ML to continuously monitor the health of patients remotely for early disease detection and post-treatment monitoring. The solution can increase the quality of health outcomes and decrease the cost of healthcare for consumers, insurance companies, and employers.
- SaaSMAX Corp.: PartnerOptimizer is a robust intelligent software solution that enables sales teams and marketers in the B2B tech sector to identify new best-fit channel partners and optimize their indirect sales channels.
- Theta Retail: Theta Retail is a cloud-based platform for companies servicing big-box retailers under a VMI model. We specialize in providing advanced analytics and AI to companies that historically cannot utilize sophisticated computing to solve their supply chain problems.
- TRaiCE Inc.: TRaiCE is an early warning BUSINESS risk detection and monitoring system, for financial institutions – that lend and invest. Currently, there is NO one single gap free credit risk detection and monitoring system that allows a business’s risk profile to be computed daily. TRaiCE fills this gap, by combining internal financial data with external financial data APIs + Publicly available News Feeds 24×7 to compute a DAILY risk index, projecting it to the next 3 to 6 months, rank ordering businesses daily by risk and watch levels.
- Planimetron Inc.: Propidex is an effective, fully integrated space management solution for the Commercial Real Estate management professionals as well as independent architects and space planning firms. Propidex aims to satisfy the needs of the asset, property, marketing, tenant coordination, space planning, legal, lease administration and leasing manager.
- Inspace: An enterprise SaaS platform designed to help companies transform their offices into hybrid workspaces while cutting office rental and operating costs by up to 50% and increasing collaboration by 65%.
- Waves Process Intelligence: A platform to extract, transform and load all your process data.
- ioAirFlow: ioAirFlow’s digital analysis platform identifies indoor environmental quality issues in commercial buildings, including performance, energy efficiency, and air quality measurements. Using wireless sensors and our proprietary data analysis platform, we’re able to spot building problems faster and more accurately than manual energy audits.
- Zhennovate: Our human-centered ed-tech cloud-based platform codifies professional coaching intelligence and scales personalized career, leadership, & life coaching for mindset and behavioral shifts to empower organizational success, at a rate that is 10x cheaper than today’s professional coaching and training services.
This year, Global Affairs Canada underwrote 50% of the accelerator fees for two Canadian companies that were approved to participate in the 6.0 cohort. Their previous generous support has allowed 12 of our WIC Accelerator entrepreneurs to have the opportunity to scale their businesses to become co-sell and co-market ready with enterprise partners.
Women in Cloud’s Microsoft Cloud Accelerator programming is supported by Fortune brands and partners such as Microsoft, Accenture, Hitachi Solutions, IBM, Insight, Boeing, and Global Affairs Canada.
Women are the key drivers of the economy; by accessing the resources needed to launch and sustain businesses, Women in Cloud will address the economic inclusion to co-develop and co-market solutions by providing women the tools, knowledge, and networks they need to build a successful enterprise-ready cloud business.
For more information on Women in Cloud’s Microsoft Cloud Accelerator, please visit: https://www.womenincloud.com/founder-focused-initiatives/
We will be hosting a #CloudInnovateHER Pitch Challenge on October 15 as a part of #WICxUNGA. We invite you to apply. Click here to learn more: https://www.womenincloud.com/pitch-challenge/
Women in Cloud and TIE Seattle are excited to announce the #CloudInnovateHER Pitch Challenge finalists. Special congratulations to our 6 finalists that will be pitching their solutions on Thursday, July 15th as they compete for the chance to win $5,000 in cash and credits and become eligible to win $100K at the TIE Global Pitch Challenge. The experience is sponsored by iCertis and Ally.
Advocat AI – Advocat AI is a platform for enterprise business users and in-house attorneys. It provides conversational intake, legal research and AI-enhanced drafting, because Advocat believes that Legal should help business get done..
Oneva – Onēva Concierge Care is a technology platform, offered as an Employer Provided Benefit. It connects employees at global employers to FBI background-checked caregivers offering in-home: Infant, Child and Elder care, Housekeeping, Pet Care, and Massage. Designed to meet enterprise grade security and GDPR standards, it’s available for deployment domestically and in the EU so no employee is forced to choose between work and family
Smart Foods Caribbean Limited – Crop Mate is a smart farming device which offers timely, accurate and easily accessible information directly from plants and the soil to help farmers plan for rain, conserve water, and reduce crop loss.
Locelle Digital Inc – helps companies attract, develop and retain top female talent through tailored mentorship using technology.
rThreat is a breach and attack emulation platform that challenges your cyber defenses using real world and custom threats in a secure environment.
SaaSMAX Corp builds robust intelligent solutions that enable sales teams and marketers in the B2B tech sector to optimize their indirect sales channels.
The #CloudInnovateHER Pitch Challenge which was designed to help women tech entrepreneurs across global markets develop, showcase and win enterprise customers. This competition was designed to provide economic access and industry visibility to women tech entrepreneurs while also giving them an opportunity to present technologies that create a sustainable impact in today’s world.
Secure your spot with a complimentary ticket to watch the pitch challenge.
To learn more about the pitch challenge, visit the landing page.
Today, Women in Cloud is thrilled to announce the first-ever #EmpowHERAccess Awards, a unique opportunity for entrepreneurs to recognize those who have facilitated their access and ensured business stability throughout the pandemic.
Women in Cloud (WIC) partners with M12 – Microsoft’s Venture Capital Fund to award those who have created access for women in tech to support their stability and recovery from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
#empowHERaccess is an annual digital advocacy campaign by Women in Cloud to generate greater economic access for women in technology. Launched in 2020, the campaign reached over 600K women all! This year, as part of the #empowHERaccess campaign, we at Women in Cloud invite you to join us in acknowledging and celebrating the many stories of pivot and perseverance during the global pandemic. The application ends on June 30, 2021. So start your nominations today!
Women in Cloud has created eight awards to recognize and commemorate these vital members of our community:
- Digital Transformation Project of the Year Award: This award celebrates excellence in digital transformation through the cloud and AI technologies. This award is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation.
- Cloud Solution of the Year Award: This award sponsored by Insight, celebrates the cloud solution that most successfully innovates through the use of cutting-edge cloud and AI technologies as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Supplier of the Year Award: This award celebrates companies who have managed to be accessible to female entrepreneurs during the recent epidemic and have increased their supplier ecosystem to accommodate their diverse needs.
- Advisor of the Year Award: This award celebrates the advisors and mentors who have continued to support women entrepreneurs during the COVID-19 pandemic by unlocking their rolodex, volunteering their time, and sharing their knowledge.
- Investor of the Year Award: This award celebrates investors who continued to provide economic access to women entrepreneurs during the pandemic by investing $1M+ into women-owned or led technology businesses.
- Innovative Partnership of the Year Award: Sponsored by Accenture, this award celebrates companies that have partnered with women technology entrepreneurs to co-sell their solutions into the enterprise ecosystem.
- Cloud Technology Deal of the Year Award: Our Cloud Technology Deal of the Year will be notable for creating new partnerships, coalescing resources, or injecting funds into innovative cloud businesses. This award is sponsored by Meylah Corporation.
- Women in Technology Outstanding Leadership Award: The award recognizes outstanding contributions to the cloud industry by an individual. Our Outstanding Leader will be an industry leader whose creativity, passion, and innovation are driving the space forward—someone who embodies cloud excellence. M12 – Microsoft’s Venture Fund sponsored this award.
We welcome you to nominate organizations, suppliers, advisors, investors, and women technology leaders and help us recognize powerful force contributing to your success in the technology industry. Those chosen will be honored at an Award Ceremony on July 16th during the WiCxInspire event.
1. Organizations and initiatives can nominate themselves!
2. Nominations are open until 30-Jun-21. Learn more!
3. This year’s award ceremony will be on July16th, 2021 during the WiCxInspire Event
For information on the #EmpowHERAccess Inaugural Awards, click here.
The countdown begins!
As we continue the countdown to 2030 and achieve the 17 Global Goals, organizations around the world are partnering and building communities to reach the goal. In the same effort, 24 – 26 March 2021, Ideagen’s has partnered with Women In Cloud to be part of the Annual Global Leadership 2030 Summit to highlight systemic solutions to solve the world’s most vexing issues. Ideagen’s mission is to provide a platform for cross-sector dialogue on the existing barriers and challenges across a myriad of issues. As we convene leaders from the world’s leading companies, NGOs, and the public sector, topics will range from STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), health, entrepreneurship, sustainability, and empowerment, among many others.
Effective leadership is more important now than ever as we work toward achieving the 17 UN Global Goals. Women in Cloud along with Ideagen is focused on developing global partnerships and collaboration across sectors to achieve the Global Goals by 2030. Particularly, we seek to ensure all women have the opportunity to share in the benefits of a growing economy.
At Ideagen Annual Global Leadership 2030 Summit, the Women in Cloud delegation will represent WIC’s global goal to generate $1B in economic access by 2030. Women in Cloud will also hold the following panel discussions on creating an inclusive economy for women in technology and we welcome everyone to join us. We hopes that attendees will learn innovative ways to create an inclusive economy for women in technology. Anyone interested in attending might join the Women in Cloud at this free event.
Register now for free: https://bit.ly/3cJ71k9
#EmpowHERWithAccess: Activating Economic Access During a Pandemic – 23 March 2021 – 2:30 PM ET.
Cloud Innovations for Fortune 1000 Companies – 24 March 2021 – 2:00 PM ET
Our vision is to represent the Women In Cloud community as an influential community that will focus on enabling rich conversations and interactions at Ideagen’s Annual Global Leadership 2030 Summit.
We look forward to seeing you and building strategic partnerships which will allow us to create a significant impact in the ecosystem and expand our networks. We hope to connect, learn, and share with you all. See you at #IdeagenGlobal!
Register now for free: https://bit.ly/3cJ71k9